Sanjeev Grewal, MD
Sanjeev Grewal, MD Partner
Dr. Grewal is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist with almost 20 years of clinical and surgical experience focused on cataract and corneal surgery.
He attended medical school at the University of Toronto, and completed his Ophthalmology residency at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New York. After a fellowship in Cornea, External Disease and Refractive Surgery at the prestigious Wills Eye Hospital, he began a career in academic ophthalmology, rising to the rank of Associate Professor at George Washington University, where he was the Ophthalmology Residency Program Director for more than a decade. While in DC, he was twice selected as a Washingtonian Magazine “Top Doctor” by his peers.
Dr. Grewal has served our nation’s veterans at the highly rated Loma Linda VA Hospital, where he was one of the most prolific surgeons, and continued teaching as an Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at Loma Linda University. He has performed thousands of successful cataract, refractive and corneal surgeries and has been involved in cataract surgical missions to Panama, Honduras, and the Philippines.
He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada, Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons. He calls the desert home now and is delighted to be able to serve the community while enjoying the endless summer.
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Toronto
- Ophthalmology Residency: Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Cornea, External Disease and Refractive Surgery Fellowship: Wills Eye Hospital
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- Top Doctor, Palm Springs Life 2020 and 2021
- Selected twice as "Top Doctor" on the Washingtonian Magazine
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons