- Meet Our Doctors
- Joshua Morrison-Reyes
Joshua Morrison-Reyes, MD
Joshua Morrison-Reyes is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in the medical and surgical treatment of diseases of the retina and vitreous. Growing up in the Midwest, he attended the University of Oklahoma as a National Merit Scholar where he obtained a Bachelor’s of Science in Zoology and Biomedical Science. He then was awarded the Distinguished Student Merit Scholarship to attend the prestigious Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine, consistently ranked one of the top medical schools in the country.
Following medical school, he completed his Internal Medicine Internship and Ophthalmology Residency at the George Washington University in Washington D.C. During his residency he was selected to serve as Chief Resident, and was awarded the Mervin Zimmerman award for Excellence in Ophthalmology Residency. He has scored at the 99th percentile for his medical licensing examinations.
Dr. Morrison-Reyes had the honor of being selected as the first fellow to be trained at the Retina Institute of California under the direction of nationally-renowned experts in the diagnosis and treatment of retinal disorders. He has conducted research in areas including diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, and laser therapeutics. He has given numerous educational presentations and has presented his findings at multiple national meetings, and is currently serving as a clinical investigator in several large clinical trials.
Dr. Morrison-Reyes is a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology, a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Retinal Specialists, the American Medical Association, and the Association for Research and Vision in Ophthalmology. He currently enjoys living in Southern California and spending time outdoors with his wife and four young children.
- Bachelor of Science, Zoology and Biomedical Science: University of Oklahoma
- Doctor of Medicine: St. Louis School of Medicine, Washington University
- Internal Medicine Internship: George Washington University
- Ophthalmology Residency: George Washington University
- Retina Fellowship: Retina Institute of California
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- Mervin Zimmerman Award for Excellence in Ophthalmology Residency
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retinal Specialists
- American Medical Association
- Association for Research and Vision in Ophthalmology
- Spending time outdoors with his wife and four young children