- Meet Our Doctors
- Brian Chen
Brian Chen, MD
Fellowship Educational Director - Glaucoma
Dr. Brian Chen is a board certified ophthalmologist who specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of anterior segment disease, cataracts, and glaucoma.
After growing up in the Los Angeles area, he attended UC Berkeley and studied Molecular and Cell Biology with an emphasis in Neurobiology. After earning his bachelor’s degree, he completed his masters degree in Physiology and Biophysics at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. Dr. Chen then completed his medical degree at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA.
After medical school, he remained in Philadelphia and completed both an Internal Medicine internship and Ophthalmology residency at Hahnemann University Hospital, where he was the Chief Resident and was awarded the Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching. Dr. Chen has also authored several papers in Ophthalmology journals.
Dr. Chen then completed a glaucoma fellowship at the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL where he honed his skills in the clinical and surgical care of various glaucomas.
- Bachelor of Art, Molecular and Cell Biology with Neurobiology emphasis: University of California, Berkeley
- Master of Science, Physiology and Biophysics: Georgetown University
- Doctor of Medicine: Drexel University College of Medicine
- Internal Medicine Internship: Hahnemann University Hospital
- Ophthalmology Residency: Hahnemann University Hospital
- Glaucoma Fellowship: University of South Florida
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching