- Meet Our Doctors
- Alexander Chop
Alexander Chop, MD, PhD
A physician-scientist, Dr. Alex Chop first earned his Ph.D. in the Cellular and Molecular Biology of Tumor Metastasis at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX. He completed a Fellowship studying Adenomatous Polyposis Coli (APC) related proteins and their relationship to Colon Cancer, following which he graduated with his M.D. from Creighton University in Omaha, NE, the oldest private School of Medicine west of the Mississippi River. He interned in Internal Medicine at Saint Luke’s/St. Vincent Charity Hospital in Cleveland, OH where he also completed his Residencyin Ophthalmology at Case Western Reserve University. His second Fellowship was performed in Refractive Surgery at the University of Toledo Medical Center.
Dr. Chop is a Comprehensive Ophthalmologist with areas of expertise including External Disease, Dry Eye, Refractive and Cataract Surgery. He is a long suffering Buffalo Bills and Toronto Maple Leafs fan (please don’t bring up these subjects with him).
- Undergraduate Degree: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX
- Doctor of Medicine: Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Residency: Case Western Reserve University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH
- Fellowship: University of Toledo, Toledo, OH
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Mountain Biking