Rebecca Chait, MD
Rebecca Chait, MD
Rebecca L. Chait, MD completed her undergraduate degree in molecular and cellular biology and piano performance at Vanderbilt University, graduating summa cum laude. She then earned her medical doctorate in 2014 with honors at The Ohio State University College of Medicine. Rebecca went on to complete an internship in internal medicine at The Christ Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, followed by Ophthalmology residency at The Ohio State University Havener Eye Institute. Upon graduating in 2018, Dr. Chait was recognized with two awards for humanism in medicine. She practices medical and surgical ophthalmology including the management of cataracts, diabetes, glaucoma, and macular degeneration.
Dr. Chait is committed to providing quality care to those in need, both at home and abroad. She has traveled to Africa four times on medical missions, including a ten week volunteer trip to Kenya where she diagnosed and treated a wide spectrum of ophthalmic diseases.
Since relocating to the Coachella Valley in 2022, Dr. Chait has come to appreciate the incredible outdoor adventure that Southern California has to offer. When she is not in clinic, Dr. Chait spends her free time with her husband and daughter. Her husband, Dr. Junho Choi, is a talented dentist at Dell’Acqua Studio. Rebecca enjoys cooking for her family, attending church, and hiking.
- Bachelors of Science: Molecular and Cellular Biology and Piano Performance, Vanderbilt University
- Doctor of Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Internship: Internal Medicine, The Christ Hospital
- Ophthalmology Residency; The Ohio State University, Havener Eye Institute
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- The Paul A. Weber Award for Humanism in Ophthalmology
- Robyn D. Howson Housestaff Humanism Award