Bruce Haight, MD
Bruce Haight, MD
Dr. Haight provides general ophthalmic care, and specializes in cataract surgery, laser surgery, glaucoma treatment, and eyelid surgery. Originally from Wisconsin, he has practiced in La Mesa since 1982. He did undergraduate and medical school studies at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, did a one year internship in Phoenix, Arizona, and did his ophthalmology residency at the University of California, San Diego. He has taken special training in various aspects of cataract and refractive surgery.
Dr. Haight has been active in the La Mesa Lions Club since 1985, and has donated surgical treatments and eyewear to many patients over the years. He is active in collecting used eyeglasses for distribution to needy patients in Mexico.
Beyond ophthalmology, Dr. Haight is currently one of the top ten crossword puzzle constructors in the country with puzzles in prestigious publications such as the New York Times and Los Angeles Times. Recently, EyeWorld sat down with Dr. Haight to discuss his dreams, goals, and successes in the crossword world. Read the article here.
In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his children and grandchildren, music, hiking and golf.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Wisconsin
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Wisconsin Medical School
- Intership: Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix, AZ
- Ophthalmology Residency: University of California, San Diego.
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- American Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Contact Lens Association of Ophthalmology
- San Diego Eye Bank
- California Association of Ophthalmology
- American Intraocular Implant Society
- Society of Research to Prevent Blindness
- La Mesa Lions Club Board of Directors
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- San Diego County Ophthalmological Society
- Crossword puzzles
- Spending time with his children and grandchildren