- Meet Our Doctors
- Jeffrey Stevens
Jeffrey Stevens, MD
Growing up in the Western US, Dr. Stevens began his academic career by pursuing a degree in Latin Studies from Brigham Young University in Idaho. After finishing his undergraduate degree, he went onto complete his Doctor of Medicine at Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Stevens completed his Ophthalmology Residency at Hahnemann University Hospital and is excited to join the Retina Institute as a Fellow. He sees being a physician as a special privilege allowing him to touch the lives of others.
This also reflects in his long history of volunteer service, having spent time in Mexico and India serving in both medical and nonmedical capacities. Having practiced in a very rural area of the country, he is able to treat a wide scope of eye disease and surgery including eye trauma, medical retina, pediatrics, some oculoplastics, medical and surgical glaucoma, and cataract and refractive surgery.
Dr. Stevens is married and has six children, three boys and three girls. Fluent in Spanish, he is an independent spirit, once sustaining an arm laceration at home and suturing it himself.
- Bachelor of Science: Brigham Young University
- Doctor of Medicine: Drexel University
- Ophthalmology Residency: Hahnemann University
- Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship: Retina Institute of California
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- University of South Dakota Associate Professor
- Scuba Diving